Skip to main content

Tuesdays Thoughts

     Today has been a fairly productive day so far! I'm very excited about that. I have 5 kids in my home to take care of today and I've written letters to my sponsor boys, vacuumed my floors, cleaned up my room, fed all the kids and put 2 down for naps while the other 3 have quiet time. All in all, I feel as if I'm right on track with my day. I feel very peaceful today which is amazing because I didn't have a good sleep last night so I expected to be not as happy as usual. I'll admit I was a bit grumpy this morning until I did my devotions. It's so awesome how devotions and a prayer can change you and your day! I just love how God is at work in me when I open myself and let him in.
     I was reading a blog post earlier about Honduras and it really made me want to go see my little Alejandro. Oh how I hope that some day we can meet him! His sweet little face on my fridge (and on my blog) makes me think about him often. I also think about him a lot now because as I prepare for my daughters 4th birthday, I am getting his birthday stuff ready to send. With the amount of time that it takes for letters to travel, I need to send things 2-3 months in advance if I want him to receive them by his birthday. So, as I'm planning things for Arielle, I can't help but wonder what he will do for his birthday and if he'll receive any gifts. I will be sending him some money so that he will get a birthday gift, but I'm curious as to what it might be. I am very thankful that through sponsorship, compassion also has birthday parties for the kids. I can't wait for him to write and tell me what they did.
   I'm really thankful that we are able to sponsor a child. Through this experience ( it has only been a few months) my eyes have really been opened and my heart has learned to love more.

   1John 3:23 "And this is his command: to believe in the name of his son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us".


* Andrea *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Alejandro!

Today, my little Alejandro turns 4!!            Happy Birthday Alejandro! I hope you have a wonderful day! I want you to know that I’m thinking of you a lot today and I’m praying for you as well. I hope that you enjoy your day and remember that God created today just for you. I hope your day is extra special! We love you! Love: your family in Manitoba

Photo post

So, I was gonna write a nice long post today, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of cute pictures in my camera just waiting to be displayed. So, enjoy… I couldn’t think of a cute saying for each picture, cause It would take me a long time. I’m just not witty like that. But, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a great day!!

Something To Ponder...

      In case some of you are wondering about the color change on my blog, I'm still deciding which one I like the best. So be prepared for a few changes in the next little while. I'm one of those people that can NEVER make up their mind! You know, the people that you are stuck behind at the drive thru window? The ones that take forever? That's me! I just can't make up my mind. It drives my husband crazy! Anyway, I'm working on it so that my kids hopefully wont turn out the same way.  I should hopefully have my blog the way I want it soon.      Yesterday, I was doing some research about  Rwanda. Seeing as how my correspondent boys are from there I thought I should educate myself. I came across something horrifying. In April 1994 there was a political genocide in Rwanda. You see, two tribes living side by side had happily gotten along until a political rebel group decided to "get rid of" the other group. There were the Huti a...