Skip to main content

My favourite room in my house

Anyone who knows me personally can agree when I say that my favourite room in my house is my kitchen.

                    IMG_2210

Not because it’s fancy, which, it’s not.   

Not because it’s clean & tidy, which it most often, is not. 

Most definitely not because of the great view out my window, which is my neighbours garage.

But because that’s the place where I get to create! That is the place where all the ‘magic’ happens. That’s the place where I go from ‘mom’ to ‘magician’ and I can just let my imagination run free!

I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE to bake (this is not an exaggeration).  What I also love, is a baking challenge.

I have a few friends with restricted diets and I have had the opportunity to bake for them. I have friends that can’t have sugar or dairy and only certain kinds of flour. 

This was quite a challenge for me in the beginning, but I have done a lot of research and have learnt sooooo much in the process. Through this, I have also been learning how to make my own baking more healthier. I have also been able to bake ‘specialty’ goodies for church functions, which is such a pleasure for me because we have many gluten free members in our church family and I believe that every one should be able to enjoy cookies at special events!

Through my research I have come across a great food blog that is gluten free, sugar free & often dairy free. Check it out here.

This is one of her recipes:

              IMG_2208

Healthy Banana Nut Muffins.

I made them yesterday and they were fabulous!!!  They were moist and soft and sooo delicious. You couldn't even tell that there was NO sugar in them! The friends that I made them for liked them too, that’s always a bonus!

 

What’s your favourite room?

 

Andrea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Alejandro!

Today, my little Alejandro turns 4!!            Happy Birthday Alejandro! I hope you have a wonderful day! I want you to know that I’m thinking of you a lot today and I’m praying for you as well. I hope that you enjoy your day and remember that God created today just for you. I hope your day is extra special! We love you! Love: your family in Manitoba

Photo post

So, I was gonna write a nice long post today, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of cute pictures in my camera just waiting to be displayed. So, enjoy… I couldn’t think of a cute saying for each picture, cause It would take me a long time. I’m just not witty like that. But, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a great day!!

Something To Ponder...

      In case some of you are wondering about the color change on my blog, I'm still deciding which one I like the best. So be prepared for a few changes in the next little while. I'm one of those people that can NEVER make up their mind! You know, the people that you are stuck behind at the drive thru window? The ones that take forever? That's me! I just can't make up my mind. It drives my husband crazy! Anyway, I'm working on it so that my kids hopefully wont turn out the same way.  I should hopefully have my blog the way I want it soon.      Yesterday, I was doing some research about  Rwanda. Seeing as how my correspondent boys are from there I thought I should educate myself. I came across something horrifying. In April 1994 there was a political genocide in Rwanda. You see, two tribes living side by side had happily gotten along until a political rebel group decided to "get rid of" the other group. There were the Huti a...