Skip to main content

Some Encouragement...

  What a nice weekend it was! The weather wasn't too bad either. It could have been a bit warmer but this is Manitoba after all. Spring is always unpredictable here!
  I also had a chance to go back to the book fair by myself on Saturday. It was such a good time! I spent 45 minutes there and I only looked at one section! I came home with an armful of books and it only cost me 5 bucks! I didn't know this ahead of time but the last day is always half price day. So lucky for me, every book was half price! That makes shopping (especially when your on a budget) a lot more exciting! I was able to find some neat books for my sponsor boys as well. I found a couple on animals, one on hockey (the great Canadian sport), and one on northern Canada. Now, I just need to figure out which book to send to each boy.
   I also found some great christian books for my husband and myself. The one that I'm reading now is called " Witness The Passion" by Richard Exley. It's such a great book. The author uses Biblical truth and his own imagination to create eyewitness accounts of the people present at the Crucifixion of Christ. This book really opens your eyes and makes you feel as if you were there. The way he describes it, has made me shed a tear or two a couple of times. It's really good to see the Crucifixion with a different angle, it makes you understand better what Jesus was willing to go through to save us. It also helps you to experience God's amazing grace. This book helps you to see that when things in your own life are difficult, Jesus had it a lot worse and yet he never once complained. It's encouraging for me to remember this passage: "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it, but one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12).
It just helps me to remember why we continue to strive forward in our faith, even when things are tough. I hope this passage encourages you like it does me.

What's your encouragement verse?

Have a great day!



* Andrea *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Alejandro!

Today, my little Alejandro turns 4!!            Happy Birthday Alejandro! I hope you have a wonderful day! I want you to know that I’m thinking of you a lot today and I’m praying for you as well. I hope that you enjoy your day and remember that God created today just for you. I hope your day is extra special! We love you! Love: your family in Manitoba

Photo post

So, I was gonna write a nice long post today, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of cute pictures in my camera just waiting to be displayed. So, enjoy… I couldn’t think of a cute saying for each picture, cause It would take me a long time. I’m just not witty like that. But, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a great day!!

Something To Ponder...

      In case some of you are wondering about the color change on my blog, I'm still deciding which one I like the best. So be prepared for a few changes in the next little while. I'm one of those people that can NEVER make up their mind! You know, the people that you are stuck behind at the drive thru window? The ones that take forever? That's me! I just can't make up my mind. It drives my husband crazy! Anyway, I'm working on it so that my kids hopefully wont turn out the same way.  I should hopefully have my blog the way I want it soon.      Yesterday, I was doing some research about  Rwanda. Seeing as how my correspondent boys are from there I thought I should educate myself. I came across something horrifying. In April 1994 there was a political genocide in Rwanda. You see, two tribes living side by side had happily gotten along until a political rebel group decided to "get rid of" the other group. There were the Huti a...