Skip to main content

The Joy Of Spring

      Ahhh, spring is in the air. Can you feel it? It has finally come to southern Manitoba, with it's wonderful smell and it's promise of something new. I really love spring. I have an extra bounce in my step and a new song in my heart. Even though it's dirty and messy, spring feels so clean. It smells new, fresh and crisp. It makes you want to go outside at every opportunity and just sit and soak up the sun.
   This year, winter has felt like it's been here forever. Manitoba winters are always very cold. If the temperature isn't cold, then we have a biting wind chill that chills you to the bone. So when the first signs of spring come, us Manitobans get really excited! We start spring cleaning, we get outside more, we are generally a lot more cheerful too! It's a really fantastic season!
    Seeing as how spring is here now, I think it's time I change (or get?) a daily routine. I was reading a blog post the other day on "Blogging from the boonies" (www.meeshimama.blogspot.com) and she was sharing how she keeps her home organized. So I gave it some thought and decided that it's time for me to have a 'chore' list. In the past when I've shared my frustration with my husband about how I have a hard time getting stuff done some days, he told me to write it down. In my mind, I just pictured a list that I would make each day. Instead, in this post she said how she has a daily list (things she does every day) and a weekly list. She also shared what was on her list (Thanks!). I'm a visual person, so seeing the kinds of things that would be on a daily list made it seem so simple. So, I've decided to give this a shot. So far I've been able to keep up, however, I have a short list for now until I get into routine. I've never been very good at having a routine so let's see how this one works out!!


Happy Spring Everyone!!

* Andrea *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Alejandro!

Today, my little Alejandro turns 4!!            Happy Birthday Alejandro! I hope you have a wonderful day! I want you to know that I’m thinking of you a lot today and I’m praying for you as well. I hope that you enjoy your day and remember that God created today just for you. I hope your day is extra special! We love you! Love: your family in Manitoba

Photo post

So, I was gonna write a nice long post today, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of cute pictures in my camera just waiting to be displayed. So, enjoy… I couldn’t think of a cute saying for each picture, cause It would take me a long time. I’m just not witty like that. But, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a great day!!

Something To Ponder...

      In case some of you are wondering about the color change on my blog, I'm still deciding which one I like the best. So be prepared for a few changes in the next little while. I'm one of those people that can NEVER make up their mind! You know, the people that you are stuck behind at the drive thru window? The ones that take forever? That's me! I just can't make up my mind. It drives my husband crazy! Anyway, I'm working on it so that my kids hopefully wont turn out the same way.  I should hopefully have my blog the way I want it soon.      Yesterday, I was doing some research about  Rwanda. Seeing as how my correspondent boys are from there I thought I should educate myself. I came across something horrifying. In April 1994 there was a political genocide in Rwanda. You see, two tribes living side by side had happily gotten along until a political rebel group decided to "get rid of" the other group. There were the Huti a...