Skip to main content

How Do We Serve?

What a nice weekend it was. Me and Arielle had a great time shopping on Saturday and just spending time together. Sunday was also really good. We went to church in the morning and just relaxed the rest of the day.
      Our pastor had a message that really hit home for me. It was on serving others. He preached out of John 13 : 1-20. That's the text where Jesus washes the disciples feet. In the last hours before he was to be crucified he served his disciples instead of asking them to serve him. How many of us could actually do that? I know I for one couldn't do it. I often think that others should serve me. "I'm tired, I have a headache, I've worked all day." Those are the kinds of thoughts that enter my mind when I am asked to do something I really don't feel like doing.  But that's not the way it should be. We as Christian's, should be looking for ways to serve others no matter what. God doesn't stop serving us just because he is tired or has a headache (which doesn't happen to him anyway). Jesus showed us in the way he washed his disciples feet only hours before his death how we should serve others. He had full right to want them to focus on him and his needs, after all he had a lot that would be happening to him in a short while! Instead he took the time to wash their feet (a job that only servants did) and serve them in love.
     That really made me stop and think. Do I serve others that way? Do I want to serve that way? Could I actually serve those who hate me? The only way we can do it, is if we allow God to serve us first. We have to accept that he sent Jesus to die in order for us to be saved. In that way (and many others) he has served us. So I want to challenge and encourage everyone to allow God to serve them and then to serve others in his name. The key to serving others is to not make it obvious. God will see and that's all that counts.


Have a blessed day!

* Andrea *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Alejandro!

Today, my little Alejandro turns 4!!            Happy Birthday Alejandro! I hope you have a wonderful day! I want you to know that I’m thinking of you a lot today and I’m praying for you as well. I hope that you enjoy your day and remember that God created today just for you. I hope your day is extra special! We love you! Love: your family in Manitoba

Photo post

So, I was gonna write a nice long post today, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of cute pictures in my camera just waiting to be displayed. So, enjoy… I couldn’t think of a cute saying for each picture, cause It would take me a long time. I’m just not witty like that. But, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a great day!!

My Mid-Life Crisis?

This has been a very difficult year for me. I turned 35 this year and I feel like I'm in the middle of a mid-life crisis. I have been trying to 'find' myself again. For the last 12 years I have pretty much had things figured out but this year when my youngest started grade 2, it felt like my whole life tipped over. Now, there wasn't any outward tragedy that I went through, no, it was more of an emotional, internal struggle that has been taking place. Realizing that my family doesn't need me the same way, but they still need me. Having a lot more free time and not knowing how to fill it, actually, to say that I didn't want to do my domestic chores to fill my time would be more accurate. So many decisions were suddenly available to me, decisions I hadn't considered in years. "Do I get a job? Full or part time? What kind of job? Do I go to school - just take some courses or get a degree? What kind of courses/degree? Do we have the money for me to go t...