Skip to main content

Good Things

   "He gave himself for us to set us free from every sin and to cleanse us so that we can be his special people who are enthusiastic about doing good things". Titus 2:14
 
Those are the words from this mornings devotions that really struck out at me.
Read them over a few times. Break them down.
Doesn't that make you feel amazing? And special?

So much love in that sentence. Love that only Jesus could have for us.

So let's return that love. Let's get enthusiastic about doing good things and then let's do good things. We have been cleansed, were free, and were his special people. Let's act like it.

I have been reading in other blog posts lately about sponsor children who don't receive letters from their sponsors. That breaks my heart. I have read of children who have NEVER received a letter but yet 3 times a year they are expected to write one back. What do you write to someone who you have never heard from? You only know their name and nothing else. I can only try to imagine what that must be like, to write a letter out of obligation, not because your excited to. So, if your a sponsor and it's been a while since you wrote, why don't you sit down and write a few lines? Something as simple as talking about your devotions that morning, or about the weather. What is spring like where you live? Tell them. They want to know. They want to know the most basic things about you. They want to know that you love them, and they feel that when you send a letter. You could even just write " I was thinking about you today, so I wanted to tell you I love you and I'm praying for you". It doesn't have to be an essay. My letters are usually about half a page ( a little less), single spaced. That way the translator still has room to translate the letter. Share a bible verse with them. Something that really encourages you. If you are like me and love to send things to them, check out your nearest dollar store. There are millions of treasures there to send. As long as it's paper and 1/4 " or less in thickness and 8 1/2" x 11" in size. Also, if it's a book it can't be spiral bound. Just think "Document".
We send stuff like:
-Stickers
-Sticker book
-Gift bag (without the handles)
-Band aids
-Thin scribblers
-Stationary - blank cards, nice paper, index cards, anything that falls under that heading.
-Thin coloring books
-Rainbow art - the pictures where you scratch the black stuff off to reveal colors underneath
-Word searches
-Bible verses
That's what we've sent so far but I'm still new at this. I've heard of people sending a lot of other things like: bookmarks, story books, postcards, sport cards, small thin calendars, etc,just use your imagination. You probably wouldn't even have to go shopping for stuff. You probably have things to send lying around your house and you didn't even know!

So, how about you "send some love" today!



* Andrea *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Alejandro!

Today, my little Alejandro turns 4!!            Happy Birthday Alejandro! I hope you have a wonderful day! I want you to know that I’m thinking of you a lot today and I’m praying for you as well. I hope that you enjoy your day and remember that God created today just for you. I hope your day is extra special! We love you! Love: your family in Manitoba

Photo post

So, I was gonna write a nice long post today, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of cute pictures in my camera just waiting to be displayed. So, enjoy… I couldn’t think of a cute saying for each picture, cause It would take me a long time. I’m just not witty like that. But, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a great day!!

Something To Ponder...

      In case some of you are wondering about the color change on my blog, I'm still deciding which one I like the best. So be prepared for a few changes in the next little while. I'm one of those people that can NEVER make up their mind! You know, the people that you are stuck behind at the drive thru window? The ones that take forever? That's me! I just can't make up my mind. It drives my husband crazy! Anyway, I'm working on it so that my kids hopefully wont turn out the same way.  I should hopefully have my blog the way I want it soon.      Yesterday, I was doing some research about  Rwanda. Seeing as how my correspondent boys are from there I thought I should educate myself. I came across something horrifying. In April 1994 there was a political genocide in Rwanda. You see, two tribes living side by side had happily gotten along until a political rebel group decided to "get rid of" the other group. There were the Huti a...