Skip to main content

Small Things Count

 So, last night I went for coffee with a wonderful woman that I met through my church. We had a great time! She borrowed me a book called "Diapers, Pacifiers, And Other Holy Things" by Lorraine Pintus. I have only read a small portion of it but it is a really good book for women, especially mothers who feel: too busy for God but want a relationship with him, taken for granted, invaluable, or who just need a bit more inspiration.
  Today I was reading about how the small things that you do for people really do count. You know, bringing someone supper when their sick, a wave to a stranger, a smile to the cashier who is having a rough day, all these things that are so easy (and painless) to do. She says that " God entrusts you with little things to teach you faithfulness in big things. Also, God wants you to see that each little thing you do can have eternal impact". Really? How? Show me. Then she goes on to say that each little thing that we do for others as long as we have the right motive, we are doing it for God. Matthew 25:40 says "Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me". So when we do something that seems small and insignificant to us, as long as we have the right heart about it, we are doing it for Jesus. Wiping noses, patching clothes, sweeping floors, laundry, all that little everyday stuff that we do constantly and get nowhere with, it all counts! Huh, who would have thought? I mean, I do it (or try to) everyday but I never think of it that way. So really, when we work no matter what we do, it's an act of worship. That's a much nicer way to look at things, to do it for Jesus. Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ that you are serving".
So, before doing anything, ask yourself why your doing it and for whom? Then you will know if your doing it for God or for man. If we want to serve Christ fully, Motive is Everything. 

Who do you do it for?


* Andrea *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Alejandro!

Today, my little Alejandro turns 4!!            Happy Birthday Alejandro! I hope you have a wonderful day! I want you to know that I’m thinking of you a lot today and I’m praying for you as well. I hope that you enjoy your day and remember that God created today just for you. I hope your day is extra special! We love you! Love: your family in Manitoba

Photo post

So, I was gonna write a nice long post today, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of cute pictures in my camera just waiting to be displayed. So, enjoy… I couldn’t think of a cute saying for each picture, cause It would take me a long time. I’m just not witty like that. But, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a great day!!

Something To Ponder...

      In case some of you are wondering about the color change on my blog, I'm still deciding which one I like the best. So be prepared for a few changes in the next little while. I'm one of those people that can NEVER make up their mind! You know, the people that you are stuck behind at the drive thru window? The ones that take forever? That's me! I just can't make up my mind. It drives my husband crazy! Anyway, I'm working on it so that my kids hopefully wont turn out the same way.  I should hopefully have my blog the way I want it soon.      Yesterday, I was doing some research about  Rwanda. Seeing as how my correspondent boys are from there I thought I should educate myself. I came across something horrifying. In April 1994 there was a political genocide in Rwanda. You see, two tribes living side by side had happily gotten along until a political rebel group decided to "get rid of" the other group. There were the Huti a...