Skip to main content

Some Things I Learnt at Living Proof Live… (part 1)

This week has been busier than I had planned. I had really hoped to have shared with you my Beth Moore simulcast experience by now, but I have not had much time to think on it.

Today, I will share some of it with you.

She gave us 7 points to think on, learn from and study. I’ll share these points with you and any verses that go with them and also what I have learnt from it. Everyone will learn something different, I’m just sharing with you my thoughts.

# 1. We were created for good company.  - We were not created to be by ourselves. We were created to want and need the company of other believers. When we are in the company of other believers, that’s when we will grow in our relationship with Christ even more. We need other believers to encourage and inspire us, to pick us up and hold us accountable for our actions. We need other believers to love us, because we are all brothers and sisters in Christ. 1 Peter 1:22 “Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart.” We also have to remember though that if we want good company, we need to be good  company.   

# 2. An individual calling can only be fulfilled in a “we” context. – Here it is again. We need to be in the company of other believers, in order for our calling to be fulfilled. We were not called to fulfill our calling on our own, we NEED good company. God has a calling for each person’s life, but it cannot be fulfilled on their own. So we need to change our “I don’t need help” attitude and allow our sisters (and brothers) to help us.  It is so awesome to go to Bible study and spend time with a bunch of different ladies who all want the same thing; to encourage each other and grow in their relationship with the Lord. So, Instead of going to Bible study T.C.T.B.B. (too cool to be blessed), let’s go with humble hearts willing to serve our sisters and help them discover God’s calling for their own lives. Let’s be the good company that we need to be, for each other.

 

So here are 2 points for you for today. I hope that I put it in a way that it makes sense. If you attended the Beth Moore- Living Proof Live simulcast (Sept. 10) and you learnt something different, I’d love for you to share with us!

Have a Wonderful Day!

*Andrea*

Comments

Laura said…
Thanks Andrea! I am glad you can share with me when I wasn't able to be there myself. Thanks for being good company to me and being that encourager for me to grow. :D
*Andrea* said…
Oh Laura, you are so welcome! I hope that what I'm writing makes sense, and thanks to you too for being good company for me as well!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Alejandro!

Today, my little Alejandro turns 4!!            Happy Birthday Alejandro! I hope you have a wonderful day! I want you to know that I’m thinking of you a lot today and I’m praying for you as well. I hope that you enjoy your day and remember that God created today just for you. I hope your day is extra special! We love you! Love: your family in Manitoba

Photo post

So, I was gonna write a nice long post today, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of cute pictures in my camera just waiting to be displayed. So, enjoy… I couldn’t think of a cute saying for each picture, cause It would take me a long time. I’m just not witty like that. But, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a great day!!

Something To Ponder...

      In case some of you are wondering about the color change on my blog, I'm still deciding which one I like the best. So be prepared for a few changes in the next little while. I'm one of those people that can NEVER make up their mind! You know, the people that you are stuck behind at the drive thru window? The ones that take forever? That's me! I just can't make up my mind. It drives my husband crazy! Anyway, I'm working on it so that my kids hopefully wont turn out the same way.  I should hopefully have my blog the way I want it soon.      Yesterday, I was doing some research about  Rwanda. Seeing as how my correspondent boys are from there I thought I should educate myself. I came across something horrifying. In April 1994 there was a political genocide in Rwanda. You see, two tribes living side by side had happily gotten along until a political rebel group decided to "get rid of" the other group. There were the Huti a...