Skip to main content

Kids do say the ‘darndest’ things

My daughter is the goofy sort. She loves to say silly things, and most people laugh when she does. Yesterday morning, was not one of those times.

We went to go see my friend at work.  We were invited to join her and her co-workers and boss for coffee break. Sounds fun, right? Yes, it really was, until…

She got too comfortable and made a comment to my friend’s boss that was very unnecessary.

In that moment, I felt like a parent who doesn’t teach her child what not to say. I felt awful.

My daughter however, just thought she was being silly and didn’t realize that those words could hurt someone’s feelings. So, not quite sure what I should do, especially in front of women I don’t know, I informed my daughter in a stern voice that “that was not nice to say, not nice at all”. What I forgot to do though, was make her apologize. 

I can’t help but wonder if I did the right thing? What could I do different in the future?

 

What do you think? If you have words of wisdom for me, I would love to hear them!

 

*Andrea*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Alejandro!

Today, my little Alejandro turns 4!!            Happy Birthday Alejandro! I hope you have a wonderful day! I want you to know that I’m thinking of you a lot today and I’m praying for you as well. I hope that you enjoy your day and remember that God created today just for you. I hope your day is extra special! We love you! Love: your family in Manitoba

Photo post

So, I was gonna write a nice long post today, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of cute pictures in my camera just waiting to be displayed. So, enjoy… I couldn’t think of a cute saying for each picture, cause It would take me a long time. I’m just not witty like that. But, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a great day!!

Something To Ponder...

      In case some of you are wondering about the color change on my blog, I'm still deciding which one I like the best. So be prepared for a few changes in the next little while. I'm one of those people that can NEVER make up their mind! You know, the people that you are stuck behind at the drive thru window? The ones that take forever? That's me! I just can't make up my mind. It drives my husband crazy! Anyway, I'm working on it so that my kids hopefully wont turn out the same way.  I should hopefully have my blog the way I want it soon.      Yesterday, I was doing some research about  Rwanda. Seeing as how my correspondent boys are from there I thought I should educate myself. I came across something horrifying. In April 1994 there was a political genocide in Rwanda. You see, two tribes living side by side had happily gotten along until a political rebel group decided to "get rid of" the other group. There were the Huti a...