Skip to main content

Teaching & Learning

So, I did it. I committed myself to assist in teaching Sunday School. I’m so excited! I have never taught Sunday school or any kind of school for that matter, so I will be team teaching with a lady in my church.  We will be teaching the grade 6 girls. I can hardly wait to get to know them and to learn from them. This is something that I have done a lot of thinking and praying over for most of the summer and I just wasn’t sure if I could do it. Then my friend suggested team teaching, I thought that was a great idea! Seeing as how I’m not a teacher, I don’t have the confidence or the know how to do it all by myself.

I am very glad for this opportunity to learn from an experienced, godly woman. 

I wonder what else God has in store for me?  He seems to keep drawing me toward kids. I still don’t know why, I hardly understand my own. 

But, I have a great book that is helping me a lot. It’s called “Raising your spirited child” the author is Mary Sheedy Kurcinka

                     book

This is an excellent book for parents who’s child is “more intense, sensitive, perceptive, persistent, and energetic.” I thought I only had 1 of those, but as I keep reading, I realize that  I’m blessed with 2! I have been learning a lot about my children and why they do the things that they do. Why they actually can’t sit still, why going to crowded places is a big deal, why change at times can be very difficult for them. My children are not as extreme as some others are, but this book is helping me to understand mine a lot better.

I’m so thankful that my friend recommended it to me.

Now, it’s my turn to recommend it to others. Do you have a child that you just don’t understand? A child that is ‘normal’ but just more? A child that you can’t quite figure out why they say and do (or don’t do) certain things? Then maybe you should check this book out. Who knows, it might be just what you need.

 

Have you already read this book? How did it help you?

Feel free to share with us.

*Andrea*

Comments

Laura said…
So excited with you about your Sunday School Adventures....I'm sure you will be blessed as much as you will be a blessing to them...
*Andrea* said…
Thank you Laura. I'm so excited too! I think these young girls will teach me more than I'll teach them. It's an adventure that I can't wait to start!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Alejandro!

Today, my little Alejandro turns 4!!            Happy Birthday Alejandro! I hope you have a wonderful day! I want you to know that I’m thinking of you a lot today and I’m praying for you as well. I hope that you enjoy your day and remember that God created today just for you. I hope your day is extra special! We love you! Love: your family in Manitoba

Photo post

So, I was gonna write a nice long post today, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of cute pictures in my camera just waiting to be displayed. So, enjoy… I couldn’t think of a cute saying for each picture, cause It would take me a long time. I’m just not witty like that. But, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a great day!!

Something To Ponder...

      In case some of you are wondering about the color change on my blog, I'm still deciding which one I like the best. So be prepared for a few changes in the next little while. I'm one of those people that can NEVER make up their mind! You know, the people that you are stuck behind at the drive thru window? The ones that take forever? That's me! I just can't make up my mind. It drives my husband crazy! Anyway, I'm working on it so that my kids hopefully wont turn out the same way.  I should hopefully have my blog the way I want it soon.      Yesterday, I was doing some research about  Rwanda. Seeing as how my correspondent boys are from there I thought I should educate myself. I came across something horrifying. In April 1994 there was a political genocide in Rwanda. You see, two tribes living side by side had happily gotten along until a political rebel group decided to "get rid of" the other group. There were the Huti a...