Skip to main content

One Step At A Time...

    This week has been a bit busier for me. I babysit everyday except tomorrow and then my kids and I will be helping a friend all day (which I'm looking forward to!).  So yea, it's been busy. But it hasn't been without it's rewards and joys. I have been doing more things with Arielle, even though I have extra kids in my house! I'm very amazed that I've been able to find the extra time. It' s good for me and her to strengthen our relationship. One of my many faults as a mother is that I often tell her "I'm busy, we'll do it later", and that's not right. Now when she's young is when I need to build a strong bond with her so that when she's older, she will want to talk with me and share her feelings. 'I' also need to enjoy her childhood as much as she needs to. It is so much fun to just sit with her and not think about my chores. It's great to talk with her and walk with her and teach her as much as I can. I love listening to her talk, whether it's about Jesus or something else that she has learned from me or Sunday school or something she's curious about (which is almost everything!). I love reading my Bible to her too. I know she's too young to understand some of the words, but at least she's hearing the message.

We've also had a beautiful week where weather is concerned. It's been warm and not too windy most days. So, we've been outside a lot.




Gabriel had a great time in the cooler! He spent a lot of time in there!!



            Arielle has a blast rolling on the grass!










So this week has been a really good one. Except for the fact that my son and my niece are both teething and have not been sleeping as good as their mommies (and daddies) want them too!! But this too shall pass. I'm very thankful for things that come in stages, especially short ones!!

I hope you have a great day!
May God continue to bless you!

* Andrea *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Alejandro!

Today, my little Alejandro turns 4!!            Happy Birthday Alejandro! I hope you have a wonderful day! I want you to know that I’m thinking of you a lot today and I’m praying for you as well. I hope that you enjoy your day and remember that God created today just for you. I hope your day is extra special! We love you! Love: your family in Manitoba

Photo post

So, I was gonna write a nice long post today, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of cute pictures in my camera just waiting to be displayed. So, enjoy… I couldn’t think of a cute saying for each picture, cause It would take me a long time. I’m just not witty like that. But, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a great day!!

My Mid-Life Crisis?

This has been a very difficult year for me. I turned 35 this year and I feel like I'm in the middle of a mid-life crisis. I have been trying to 'find' myself again. For the last 12 years I have pretty much had things figured out but this year when my youngest started grade 2, it felt like my whole life tipped over. Now, there wasn't any outward tragedy that I went through, no, it was more of an emotional, internal struggle that has been taking place. Realizing that my family doesn't need me the same way, but they still need me. Having a lot more free time and not knowing how to fill it, actually, to say that I didn't want to do my domestic chores to fill my time would be more accurate. So many decisions were suddenly available to me, decisions I hadn't considered in years. "Do I get a job? Full or part time? What kind of job? Do I go to school - just take some courses or get a degree? What kind of courses/degree? Do we have the money for me to go t...