Skip to main content

Perspectives

   Last night when I was reading the bible verse in my day planner, it really made me think. Again? I know! This happens way too often!
The verse was 1 Peter 1:3 "All praise to God, the father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation."

The write up that went with the verse was: " Life is hard; then you die. That's one perspective. Here's another: Life is membership in a forever family." I don't know about you, but I prefer the second perspective. How often in our lives have we been told the first one though? Why do we focus on how hard life is when we could be focusing on how much fun and freedom we can have living for God? If we are doing it all for him, life has meaning. If were just doing it for ourselves, it's worthless. As long as I live for him, I can have great expectations for my life and my future.

My perspective from now on will be " Life is membership in a forever family."

Are you part of the family? If not, I would love for you to join.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at:  candle_andrea@hotmail.com

* Andrea *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Alejandro!

Today, my little Alejandro turns 4!!            Happy Birthday Alejandro! I hope you have a wonderful day! I want you to know that I’m thinking of you a lot today and I’m praying for you as well. I hope that you enjoy your day and remember that God created today just for you. I hope your day is extra special! We love you! Love: your family in Manitoba

Photo post

So, I was gonna write a nice long post today, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of cute pictures in my camera just waiting to be displayed. So, enjoy… I couldn’t think of a cute saying for each picture, cause It would take me a long time. I’m just not witty like that. But, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a great day!!

Something To Ponder...

      In case some of you are wondering about the color change on my blog, I'm still deciding which one I like the best. So be prepared for a few changes in the next little while. I'm one of those people that can NEVER make up their mind! You know, the people that you are stuck behind at the drive thru window? The ones that take forever? That's me! I just can't make up my mind. It drives my husband crazy! Anyway, I'm working on it so that my kids hopefully wont turn out the same way.  I should hopefully have my blog the way I want it soon.      Yesterday, I was doing some research about  Rwanda. Seeing as how my correspondent boys are from there I thought I should educate myself. I came across something horrifying. In April 1994 there was a political genocide in Rwanda. You see, two tribes living side by side had happily gotten along until a political rebel group decided to "get rid of" the other group. There were the Huti a...