Skip to main content

Two Words.

Test everything. These 2 words have played over and over in my mind lately. I knew that there is a verse that says this, but I didn’t remember where to find it, so last night I asked my husband. He, for some reason can find everything for me. He found it in 1Thessalonians 5:21 “Test everything. Hold on to the good.”
What exactly does that mean? What I have found lately, is that this applies to ALL things in All areas. Especially those concerning Christianity and the Truth. These days, you can’t just walk into a church and assume that what you hear the pastor say is true. To do that can be very dangerous. 
What I understand from this verse is that we are supposed to test everything against the Word of God and hold on to the Truth only. Take your Bible to church with you, check what the pastor is speaking against the Word. We need to make sure that what we are being taught is God’s truth. Everything that your church practices and teaches should be in your Bible.
I’m so very thankful for my church and church family. I know that we are being taught the truth because I have grown in my faith a lot and also, my church is testing itself on a regular basis to make sure it’s teaching the truth. Also, we are told to bring our Bibles to church so that we can be sure that what our pastor is teaching, is in the Word.
So, I’m not sure why I keep thinking that I need to “test everything”, but I’m glad that I get reminded daily.

My prayer is that you remember to, “test everything”.

*Andrea*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Alejandro!

Today, my little Alejandro turns 4!!            Happy Birthday Alejandro! I hope you have a wonderful day! I want you to know that I’m thinking of you a lot today and I’m praying for you as well. I hope that you enjoy your day and remember that God created today just for you. I hope your day is extra special! We love you! Love: your family in Manitoba

Photo post

So, I was gonna write a nice long post today, but then I remembered that I had a bunch of cute pictures in my camera just waiting to be displayed. So, enjoy… I couldn’t think of a cute saying for each picture, cause It would take me a long time. I’m just not witty like that. But, I hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a great day!!

Something To Ponder...

      In case some of you are wondering about the color change on my blog, I'm still deciding which one I like the best. So be prepared for a few changes in the next little while. I'm one of those people that can NEVER make up their mind! You know, the people that you are stuck behind at the drive thru window? The ones that take forever? That's me! I just can't make up my mind. It drives my husband crazy! Anyway, I'm working on it so that my kids hopefully wont turn out the same way.  I should hopefully have my blog the way I want it soon.      Yesterday, I was doing some research about  Rwanda. Seeing as how my correspondent boys are from there I thought I should educate myself. I came across something horrifying. In April 1994 there was a political genocide in Rwanda. You see, two tribes living side by side had happily gotten along until a political rebel group decided to "get rid of" the other group. There were the Huti a...