Skip to main content

Living Proof Live (part 2)

Well, I hope you all enjoyed part 1, cause here’s part 2 for you! I’m just going to dive right in to the next point.

# 3. God NEVER overlooks a single “me” in the bigger “we”. – Isn’t that so great? It really doesn’t matter who you are, what your job is, where you live, how much money you make, God does not overlook anyone. We are all valuable to him and he has a plan for each one of our lives. It sometimes seems though, that he uses the ‘little person’ in a bigger way. Take Luke for example: He was not a disciple, he never witnessed Jesus’s miracles (he was a 2nd generation Christian), yet God used him to write the Gospel of Luke and the book of Acts. Luke was just another ‘little person’ but he allowed himself to be used by God. He was just an ‘also’ as Beth put it. Here are some verses that mention ‘also’: Luke 12:8, John 10:16, John 14:19, Romans 8:30, Romans 8:32, 1 Corinthians 6:14, Ephesians 1:13, 2 Timothy 2:2, 1 John 1:3, Colossians 3:4 and 2 Timothy 4:7-8.( I was going to type them out for you, but then I thought that it would be better if you would find and read them in your own Bible).  After reading these verses,  I’m even more encouraged that God can use me. So, if God can use a doctor like Luke to do mighty things, how much more can He use you? Will you allow yourself to be used by Him, even in a small way? Each part that we play, big or small, is part of the ‘big’ plan.

#4. Jesus became a friend of sinners, so that we could become a friend of God.  Jesus could have ignored the poor, and sinful. Instead, he chose to draw close to them and offer them the gift that only he could give, the gift of salvation. He showed grace to the sinners, grace that you and I need on a regular basis. Grace that we have to give, if we want to receive it. There are people in this world who choose not to give you grace and enjoy having this power over you.  However, we overcome this through the call to love. When we love them and show them our love, they no longer have a hold on us.  They lose all power over us because we don’t allow it. We become ‘bigger’ simply by loving them and showing them our love.

 

I have 3 more points to share with you! I hope to post them soon!

*Andrea*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laundry. Fun?

   I never totally understood why my mom always had a table in the laundry room. Like really, what is the point? Your down there all by yourself folding laundry. How fun is that? Very Very Fun!! And SOOOOO Quiet!!!          Growing up I did not enjoy folding laundry because it usually meant being in the cold, damp basement by yourself with just you and a table full of laundry. It was not exciting at all. I would have much rather brought the laundry upstairs and folded it in the living room instead of in the 'dungeon'. Our basement wasn't that bad, it was just very cold, and eerily quiet when you were down there alone and for a girl (with a very active imagination) that's a scary place to be. I mean who knows what goes on down there when nobody's around, right? Or so, I thought. Now that I'm older however, I totally get it. Yesterday, I put a table in my laundry room. I...                  LOVE...                                              IT!

My Spirited, trouble making, blessings.

    My children are a handful some days (usually the days that I’m tired and have limited patience), my daughter is ‘spirited’ and my son is just a trouble maker. He loves to make people laugh and does so in a variety of different ways. Take last week for example, He decided to crawl onto our table (which is higher than normal), stand and then touch my light fixtures. Well, the other two babies that I babysit thought this was hilarious, so they would laugh and he would keep doing it. Then mom (me) seeing what was happening, would come take him off the table, tell him to stay off and carry about my business. However, that doesn’t work with him very well. So he would do it all over again and get the same response from his ‘audience’.  Finally, in order to make him stop, I had to put him into his crib where he couldn’t get out. My daughter is very exuberant. Anyone who knows her can attest to that. When she walks into a room, you know .  She is a child who is ‘more’. More persistent, mo

Changes I’m making in 2012

There’s been a lot of talk about New years resolutions lately, so I thought I’d join in and write about it as well.  However, I don’t make resolutions, because frankly, I don’t/can’t/won’t keep them. I’m just not good at that. There are people who are, and to you I give lots of credit! This year, though, I plan to work on and change some things in my life. I’ll share them with you: - Study God’s word more in depth . I read my Bible twice a day, but I don’t take the extra time and really study it. I’d like to dig deeper and learn more, sometimes I feel like I’m still ‘hungry’ after reading and I want to take the time to learn how to get ‘full’. - Spend more time ‘watching’ my kids . I don’t mean caring for them, I do that all the time. What I mean is I want to actually sit back and watch them at play. Get to know their personalities better. What better way to do that than to watch them in action? - Be a better example . I’m really starting to see how much my kids learn from me. I’v