Skip to main content

A weekend of being served and serving…

Wow, what a weekend. It was very busy, but I sure learnt alot.

On Saturday, as most of you know, I attended the Beth Moore simulcast. It was an awesome experience. One that I will probably never forget, especially the part when the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate the building! We had just come back for lunch and were doing the praise and worship, when suddenly the alarm went off and we were all sent outside. There was no fire that I know of, so we were able to go back in shortly. We thought that we might miss something, seeing how it was a live broadcast, but they were able to pause it and continue where we left off, so we didn’t miss a thing. We were all very thankful. I plan to share what I learnt with you all, but I do need a bit of time to process it all. So please bear with me, it will take me a few days to get it all out.

I can, however, share with you the main Bible passages that she used. They were:

Luke 1:1-4 Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile a narrative of the things that have been accomplished among us, 2 just as those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word have delivered them to us, 3it seemed good to me also, having followed all things closely for some time past, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4that you may have certainty concerning the things you have been taught.

And: Acts 1:1-8 1In the first book, O Theophilus, I have dealt with all that Jesus began to do and teach, 2until the day when he was taken up, after he had given commands through the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom he had chosen. 3 He presented himself alive to them after his suffering by many proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God.

4And while staying[a] with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, "you heard from me; 5for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with[b] the Holy Spirit not many days from now."6So when they had come together, they asked him, "Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" 7He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

I’ll share more about what she taught and how I understand it on a different post.

After the simulcast, Our church was having it’s annual hog roast. So, I quickly drove home, picked up my family (and the buns that I baked especially for this event), and off we went. We had a great time, eating and fellowshipping with our church family and guests.

Sunday morning was the first day of Sunday school! Most of you know, that this year I am a teachers assistant to the grade 6 girls. So, I was very excited for the first day. The girls in our class are such a delight and I’m looking forward to getting to know them better in this upcoming year. I’m also looking forward to learning from them as well. I’m sure they will have lots to teach me.

My kids are both in the same class this year as well. I was very happy about this because my son is only 22 months old and I’m not sure how well he would do by himself.  Their first day was good as well. He did not cry as I thought he would, so I was very happy.

After church, we had some friends come over for lunch and they left late afternoon. Seeing as how we hadn’t had much family time this weekend, we all went for a walk to the corner store to get an ice cream cone. When we got home, me and the kids played a bit and read some stories.  It was a great end to a great weekend.

 

How was your weekend?  Did you attend the simulcast as well? I’d love to hear about your experience.

*Andrea*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laundry. Fun?

   I never totally understood why my mom always had a table in the laundry room. Like really, what is the point? Your down there all by yourself folding laundry. How fun is that? Very Very Fun!! And SOOOOO Quiet!!!          Growing up I did not enjoy folding laundry because it usually meant being in the cold, damp basement by yourself with just you and a table full of laundry. It was not exciting at all. I would have much rather brought the laundry upstairs and folded it in the living room instead of in the 'dungeon'. Our basement wasn't that bad, it was just very cold, and eerily quiet when you were down there alone and for a girl (with a very active imagination) that's a scary place to be. I mean who knows what goes on down there when nobody's around, right? Or so, I thought. Now that I'm older however, I totally get it. Yesterday, I put a table in my laundry room. I...                  LOVE...                                              IT!

My Spirited, trouble making, blessings.

    My children are a handful some days (usually the days that I’m tired and have limited patience), my daughter is ‘spirited’ and my son is just a trouble maker. He loves to make people laugh and does so in a variety of different ways. Take last week for example, He decided to crawl onto our table (which is higher than normal), stand and then touch my light fixtures. Well, the other two babies that I babysit thought this was hilarious, so they would laugh and he would keep doing it. Then mom (me) seeing what was happening, would come take him off the table, tell him to stay off and carry about my business. However, that doesn’t work with him very well. So he would do it all over again and get the same response from his ‘audience’.  Finally, in order to make him stop, I had to put him into his crib where he couldn’t get out. My daughter is very exuberant. Anyone who knows her can attest to that. When she walks into a room, you know .  She is a child who is ‘more’. More persistent, mo

Changes I’m making in 2012

There’s been a lot of talk about New years resolutions lately, so I thought I’d join in and write about it as well.  However, I don’t make resolutions, because frankly, I don’t/can’t/won’t keep them. I’m just not good at that. There are people who are, and to you I give lots of credit! This year, though, I plan to work on and change some things in my life. I’ll share them with you: - Study God’s word more in depth . I read my Bible twice a day, but I don’t take the extra time and really study it. I’d like to dig deeper and learn more, sometimes I feel like I’m still ‘hungry’ after reading and I want to take the time to learn how to get ‘full’. - Spend more time ‘watching’ my kids . I don’t mean caring for them, I do that all the time. What I mean is I want to actually sit back and watch them at play. Get to know their personalities better. What better way to do that than to watch them in action? - Be a better example . I’m really starting to see how much my kids learn from me. I’v