Skip to main content

He’s Always Faithful

Wow, what a great weekend it was for me. It was also a weekend where God showed me (yet again) that he is always faithful.

I have lost some weight and I was in desperate need of dress pants that fit. Or at least ones that don’t fall off (I didn’t lose that much, they were big to begin with!).  I had some things to do at the mall, so I thought I’d just get my pants there. I did make a quick stop at the local thrift store before going to the mall, but didn’t want to take the time to look for pants there.  My budget was $30. That should be enough for dress pants right? At least the ones on sale. Well, Our mall is not very big, but I went to every store that sells women’s clothes and looked for dress pants. I only found 1 pair that was under $30 and they weren’t really what I was looking for so I didn’t buy them. So now at this point, I’m very disappointed and tired, but I decide to check one more store close by before going home. I had no luck there either. They only had 1 style and the price was $29.

The whole time I was thinking “I really should go to the thrift store”. So I convinced my daughter (who was very tired and thirsty by this point), that we will make a quick stop at the thrift store and then we’ll go home.  She agrees, as long as I buy her a drink first. So, off to the thrift store. I’ve been praying off and on all day for His help finding pants, He knows how badly I need them so He will provide.

We get to the thrift store, luckily find a parking spot, and in we go. I head straight to the ladies section. I’m not sure what size I am anymore, so I grab a few different sizes. I find some really nice pants and I head to the change room with 6 pairs.  This is the part where I still can’t believe it. Not only did I find 1 pair that fit, I found 3! The one pair was brand new, still had price tags on! I head over to the till, almost floating I’m so happy, and pay for my items. All three pairs of pants only cost me $10!

There is a lesson to be learned here. Be faithful and put your trust in Him. He will meet your needs  Matthew 6:25-34  reminds us.

I shared this story with my Sunday school students this past Sunday. You should have seen the looks on their faces. They had the ‘Wow’ expression, and they couldn’t believe it either. God is ALWAYS Faithful.

 

Has God had to ‘remind’ you about something lately? If you want to share, I would love to hear it.

 

*Andrea*

Comments

Anonymous said…
MCC can have treasure, but you need time to look! Glad you found something!

Popular posts from this blog

Laundry. Fun?

   I never totally understood why my mom always had a table in the laundry room. Like really, what is the point? Your down there all by yourself folding laundry. How fun is that? Very Very Fun!! And SOOOOO Quiet!!!          Growing up I did not enjoy folding laundry because it usually meant being in the cold, damp basement by yourself with just you and a table full of laundry. It was not exciting at all. I would have much rather brought the laundry upstairs and folded it in the living room instead of in the 'dungeon'. Our basement wasn't that bad, it was just very cold, and eerily quiet when you were down there alone and for a girl (with a very active imagination) that's a scary place to be. I mean who knows what goes on down there when nobody's around, right? Or so, I thought. Now that I'm older however, I totally get it. Yesterday, I put a table in my laundry room. I...                  LOVE...                                              IT!

My Spirited, trouble making, blessings.

    My children are a handful some days (usually the days that I’m tired and have limited patience), my daughter is ‘spirited’ and my son is just a trouble maker. He loves to make people laugh and does so in a variety of different ways. Take last week for example, He decided to crawl onto our table (which is higher than normal), stand and then touch my light fixtures. Well, the other two babies that I babysit thought this was hilarious, so they would laugh and he would keep doing it. Then mom (me) seeing what was happening, would come take him off the table, tell him to stay off and carry about my business. However, that doesn’t work with him very well. So he would do it all over again and get the same response from his ‘audience’.  Finally, in order to make him stop, I had to put him into his crib where he couldn’t get out. My daughter is very exuberant. Anyone who knows her can attest to that. When she walks into a room, you know .  She is a child who is ‘more’. More persistent, mo

Changes I’m making in 2012

There’s been a lot of talk about New years resolutions lately, so I thought I’d join in and write about it as well.  However, I don’t make resolutions, because frankly, I don’t/can’t/won’t keep them. I’m just not good at that. There are people who are, and to you I give lots of credit! This year, though, I plan to work on and change some things in my life. I’ll share them with you: - Study God’s word more in depth . I read my Bible twice a day, but I don’t take the extra time and really study it. I’d like to dig deeper and learn more, sometimes I feel like I’m still ‘hungry’ after reading and I want to take the time to learn how to get ‘full’. - Spend more time ‘watching’ my kids . I don’t mean caring for them, I do that all the time. What I mean is I want to actually sit back and watch them at play. Get to know their personalities better. What better way to do that than to watch them in action? - Be a better example . I’m really starting to see how much my kids learn from me. I’v