Skip to main content

My Ministry???

Hey for those of you who read my Sunday post and are waiting to meet our newest addition, Sorry to disappoint but I haven't gotten the picture yet. I can hardly wait to get it!!
       I've been wondering for a while now just how does God want me to serve him? What is my ministry? God calls each and everyone of his children to serve him in some way or another and I wasn't sure what mine was. Until now. I really believe that at this point in my life, my ministry is kids. You see, I babysit for 4, I have 2 of my own and I write to 3 sponsor children. It really makes sense that this would be my ministry. On top of all that I feel that I would like to be a Sunday school teacher. Kids as my ministry seems strange to me cause I did NOT ever want to have kids. That is until I met my husband. I always thought that kids were time consuming, money consuming, they ruin your body, make your hair turn grey, need I say more? They were definitely not part of my life plan nor would they fit into my lifestyle. I had it all (or so I thought). I had a career, a clean house, no stretch marks ( also known as mommy tattoos), and lots and lots of free time. I could do whatever I wanted. Go for coffee, go shopping, work late, It really didn't matter. I just had a husband at home to take care of and well he's a grown man so he really didn't need me much. Besides he liked to hang out with the guys. But after we were married and we were settled in our roles as husband and wife I realized that I WAS BORED!! On Saturday mornings when he would sleep in and I'd be up early I had no idea what to do. So I would try to find something on the T.V. to watch, do a bit of house cleaning, anything to keep me entertained. So we talked and decided to wait a year before we would try for a baby. Well, God really had kids in mind for me cause it didn't take long at all and Boom! Ok now what? Well you get fat (really fat in my case), your whole body hurts, you can't sleep, you get "mommy tattoos", and yes the grey hair is starting. So finally the baby comes and you think it's gonna be all wine and roses, babies sleep all the time right? Nope! My firstborn was a good baby and a good sleeper but I never realized how much time they took! All I wanted was a little less free time, not all of It gone! Oh how I wished for before baby days. Then I realized that I can't change the past (not that I would have), I can only live in the now and plan for the future.
   So now that I realized my life is not up to me to plan, most things make better sense. Not that they always make perfect sense, it's just a little clearer. We just need to remember to trust God in the direction that we should go and which path to take. He won't lead us astray. Just keep checking in to see if you are where he wants you to be. Who knows maybe your ministry is about to change...

* Andrea *

Comments

Tiffany said…
glad you decided to have kids! :) life wouldn't be the same without them!
Anonymous said…
wow, that was sure wonderful!!!
and i loved it. :D and you have 2 awesome kids and very cute... <3
Brittany said…
wow, that was sure wonderful!!!
and i loved it. :D and you have 2 awesome kids and very cute... <3
*Andrea* said…
Awww, Thanks. I'm very thankful that God saw fit to bless me with kids as well. Even though sometimes I wonder why.

Popular posts from this blog

Laundry. Fun?

   I never totally understood why my mom always had a table in the laundry room. Like really, what is the point? Your down there all by yourself folding laundry. How fun is that? Very Very Fun!! And SOOOOO Quiet!!!          Growing up I did not enjoy folding laundry because it usually meant being in the cold, damp basement by yourself with just you and a table full of laundry. It was not exciting at all. I would have much rather brought the laundry upstairs and folded it in the living room instead of in the 'dungeon'. Our basement wasn't that bad, it was just very cold, and eerily quiet when you were down there alone and for a girl (with a very active imagination) that's a scary place to be. I mean who knows what goes on down there when nobody's around, right? Or so, I thought. Now that I'm older however, I totally get it. Yesterday, I put a table in my laundry room. I...                  LOVE...                                              IT!

My Spirited, trouble making, blessings.

    My children are a handful some days (usually the days that I’m tired and have limited patience), my daughter is ‘spirited’ and my son is just a trouble maker. He loves to make people laugh and does so in a variety of different ways. Take last week for example, He decided to crawl onto our table (which is higher than normal), stand and then touch my light fixtures. Well, the other two babies that I babysit thought this was hilarious, so they would laugh and he would keep doing it. Then mom (me) seeing what was happening, would come take him off the table, tell him to stay off and carry about my business. However, that doesn’t work with him very well. So he would do it all over again and get the same response from his ‘audience’.  Finally, in order to make him stop, I had to put him into his crib where he couldn’t get out. My daughter is very exuberant. Anyone who knows her can attest to that. When she walks into a room, you know .  She is a child who is ‘more’. More persistent, mo

Changes I’m making in 2012

There’s been a lot of talk about New years resolutions lately, so I thought I’d join in and write about it as well.  However, I don’t make resolutions, because frankly, I don’t/can’t/won’t keep them. I’m just not good at that. There are people who are, and to you I give lots of credit! This year, though, I plan to work on and change some things in my life. I’ll share them with you: - Study God’s word more in depth . I read my Bible twice a day, but I don’t take the extra time and really study it. I’d like to dig deeper and learn more, sometimes I feel like I’m still ‘hungry’ after reading and I want to take the time to learn how to get ‘full’. - Spend more time ‘watching’ my kids . I don’t mean caring for them, I do that all the time. What I mean is I want to actually sit back and watch them at play. Get to know their personalities better. What better way to do that than to watch them in action? - Be a better example . I’m really starting to see how much my kids learn from me. I’v