Skip to main content

Loving on others

As most of you know, we sponsor 1 child financially and we correspond with 2 more. This has been such a blessing for us. This has really opened our eyes to  what life is like in other countries and also to how much love we can feel for someone we have never met. These 3 boys are so special to us and it will be a sad time when our correspondence will have to end.

But this is not the only way to love on others. This is only one of the few.

It could be helping the homeless,
soup,homeless
either by serving at your local soup kitchen or even as simple as dropping a few groceries into the helping hands bin at your grocery store. It may seem like a very small act to you but it could be life changing for someone else.

or it could be as simple as a…
smile
smilequote

It could even be as easy as letting someone cut in front of you, either in the store line or in your car on the road.
Loving on others is so easy that most of us seldom realize how many opportunities we have each and every day to do so!

What kinds of ways do you 'love on others'? I'd love to hear about it!



If any of you have ever wanted to sponsor a child but just can’t afford to, Compassion international now accepts correspondents even if you don’t sponsor a child financially. What a great way to get to know someone on the other side of the world and love on them! Check it out!
www.compassion.ca

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes I’m making in 2012

There’s been a lot of talk about New years resolutions lately, so I thought I’d join in and write about it as well.  However, I don’t make resolutions, because frankly, I don’t/can’t/won’t keep them. I’m just not good at that. There are people who are, and to you I give lots of credit! This year, though, I plan to work on and change some things in my life. I’ll share them with you: - Study God’s word more in depth . I read my Bible twice a day, but I don’t take the extra time and really study it. I’d like to dig deeper and learn more, sometimes I feel like I’m still ‘hungry’ after reading and I want to take the time to learn how to get ‘full’. - Spend more time ‘watching’ my kids . I don’t mean caring for them, I do that all the time. What I mean is I want to actually sit back and watch them at play. Get to know their personalities better. What better way to do that than to watch them in action? - Be a better example . I’m really starting to see how much my kids learn from me. I’v

Laundry. Fun?

   I never totally understood why my mom always had a table in the laundry room. Like really, what is the point? Your down there all by yourself folding laundry. How fun is that? Very Very Fun!! And SOOOOO Quiet!!!          Growing up I did not enjoy folding laundry because it usually meant being in the cold, damp basement by yourself with just you and a table full of laundry. It was not exciting at all. I would have much rather brought the laundry upstairs and folded it in the living room instead of in the 'dungeon'. Our basement wasn't that bad, it was just very cold, and eerily quiet when you were down there alone and for a girl (with a very active imagination) that's a scary place to be. I mean who knows what goes on down there when nobody's around, right? Or so, I thought. Now that I'm older however, I totally get it. Yesterday, I put a table in my laundry room. I...                  LOVE...                                              IT!

My Ministry???

Hey for those of you who read my Sunday post and are waiting to meet our newest addition, Sorry to disappoint but I haven't gotten the picture yet. I can hardly wait to get it!!        I've been wondering for a while now just how does God want me to serve him? What is my ministry? God calls each and everyone of his children to serve him in some way or another and I wasn't sure what mine was. Until now. I really believe that at this point in my life, my ministry is kids. You see, I babysit for 4, I have 2 of my own and I write to 3 sponsor children. It really makes sense that this would be my ministry. On top of all that I feel that I would like to be a Sunday school teacher. Kids as my ministry seems strange to me cause I did NOT ever want to have kids. That is until I met my husband. I always thought that kids were time consuming, money consuming, they ruin your body, make your hair turn grey, need I say more? They were definitely not part of my life plan nor would they f